grab a cup

grab a cup
kick back and relax

Friday, August 7, 2009

Viral wind, RVs, and tees

One of our dear children attracted a nice friendly little cold virus late last week and has blessed us all with its joys and wonders, sniff. Sorry we missed the blog earlier this week. Nuff sed.

We've got more Michiganian submits this week on the order of retro gaming: very fun flashbacks to childhood! Orders are trickling in and giving us hope for better tomorrows!

So what did you do on your summer vacation? Its time for back to school, and we all remember having to stand in front of class and report, or fill that line on our first writing assignments. Has anyone ever gone on an extended RV adventure? What was that like? Was it truly a bonding experience for the family? Where did you go, and what was your M.O.? What's the most amazing thing you've done as a family?

We visited Fall Creek Falls state park twice this summer and the kids loved sliding down the natural waterslides at the bottom of the falls and swimming in the pools, climbing the rocks, and looking out over the vast river basins. God's artwork is so far superior to our own.

Alas, it is time to sharpen the pencils, dig out the paper, scissors, glue, and crayons.

Heading out in the a.m. to get stocked up for my own crew. I am way more excited than my kids over what we get to learn about at "Vick Academy" this fall. But more than the subject matter, I am totally geeked at the thought of just spending bonding time with them, learning THEM! I hope that my enthusiasm will eventually work its way over to them. I hope that I can get over the humps with the "I don't want to's" and the "this is stupid's" and the occasional long faces over stinky writing assignments. I'm all about unschooling, but man, sometimes ya just gotta do it!!

Well, here's to hoping for creative juices to flow to motivate my kids, and maybe some artists out there who wouldn't mind seeing their own creations on a shirt or pair of jeans. It's kind of fun - I can say from personal experience! You should try it! Encourage the doodlers and aspiring artists in your life to submit art to www.westpoleclothiers.com.

I'll let you know what blows in on the Wind!

1 comment:

  1. since you have no comments I thought I'd drop by! As a family we are having to create our own fun at home this year. Dad and the girls are setting up the tent in the backyard as I type. No gas $ involved!

    ReplyDelete