grab a cup

grab a cup
kick back and relax

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer breeze, makes me feel fine

I think I smell newly sharpened pencils on the summer breeze! School is 'fixin' ta start' around these parts. I can't believe how early the public schools are starting now! Seems like it used to be after Labor Day, but now its August 3rd! The coolness of this year's weather really makes it feel as if summer has only just begun, and is now nearly ended.
But thank God for homeschooling. We won't start back for another 2 weeks yet. And I'm holding off on running out to grab school supplies. I'm waiting on that Tennessee 'tax free holiday' before I fill the list I'm working on.
This year we're going to go back to the unit studies curriculum that we started last fall and abandoned. It required a fair amount of prep from both mama and papa, and with our work schedules being so uber-demanding and mama being preggers, we felt it best to hold off and stick to the regular readin', 'ritin, and 'rithmetic. Now that we're all caught up on that, and the baby's here, we are looking foward to delving in to "Life in the New World" this fall.
And so.... with those last fleeting moments of summer before you, sit down with a sketch pad, camera, or computer and submit your favorite back to school art or slogan. Everybody is going to need back to school clothes in the next few weeks, so put your design in an email, and we might put it on a soon-to-be-popular shirt, cap, or jeans. And get your friends to vote for it. Go to the submit section on the website and send it on - in short order. Like I said - some of those kids will have to have clothes by next week. We can get your artwork up quickly so don't hesitate, and don't delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment